Progress report

The roof was completely finished today (and there was much rejoicing). The gutters still have to happen, but I'm assuming that will be done tomorrow, when I'm looking after the kid anyway.

Other than that, it's been a lot of focus on the Trang audiobook this past week (even on days when the roofers couldn't work, I still had to get up at the crack of dawn in case they did come, so writing was just not happening). Audiobook work is a good beta project precisely because it's repetitive and not especially creative, so I can do it when I'm too sleepy or distracted to write. But the downside is that it does get pretty boring after a while, especially because events resulted in my having a whole lot of noise removal to do.

So today I was looking at that pile of files and going, NOOOOO!!!! but I set the timer and did a slog in the theory that it wasn't like I wasn't going to have to do it all later if I didn't get some of it done today. And I completed noise removal on the first half of Chapter 6, so yay for me.

I have a line to re-record there, but I assume gutter replacement is no less noisy than roof replacement, so I'll do that and the fixes on the first five chapters after that work is done.

And I'm going to be very happy to get back to writing, especially because I think I sorted out how to start the book.